Fruit Cocktail Graham Float – kawaling pinoy
Fruit Cocktail Graham Float with delicious layers of sweetened cream, graham crackers, and fruit cocktail is the perfect dessert for all occasions. This refrigerator cake is so easy to make and is sure to be a crowd favorite!
I know this fruit cocktail graham float is kinda late for the party. Since tomorrow is already Christmas Eve (Christmas Day in the Philippines!) and the cake needs a good few hours to set in the refrigerator, I doubt there’s enough time to make it for Noche Buena. Ugh, such a shame because it’s so, so, so yummy!
I am sorry, folks, as I really dropped the ball this year. What with a 10-day trip to Northern California and me procrastinating on the couch most days, I didn’t get to work on the special recipes I planned for Christmas on time. Boo, me!
The good thing is, we still have the last big holiday coming up and this fiesta float is an amazing dessert to ring in the New Year. With delicious layers of graham crackers, sweetened cream, and fruit cocktail, it’s a guaranteed crowd favorite.
No-bake graham cake is traditionally served on Christmas but if you ask me, it is also the perfect sweet treat to make during hot summer months when you don’t care to have the oven on. Don’t let the lack of a special holiday keep you from enjoying this scrumptious dessert, it’s amazing year round!
So simple to make and with only 4 ingredients, the hardest part of the recipe is waiting for it to set. All the work it takes is whipping the cream to double volume and then layering all the ingredients in a baking dish. Easy peasy. 🙂
Tips on How to Make Fruit Cocktail Graham Float:
- Use a square baking dish that is deep enough to allow 3 layers plus at least 1 inch of headspace so the top cream layer doesn’t stick to the film when covered. If your container is full to the brim, loosely tent with foil or film.
- Make sure to drain the canned fruit very well to keep the extra liquid from seeping into the cake.
- I used Nestle’s all-purpose cream but heavy cream will work as well. Make sure the cream has at least 30%milk fat content for sturdy foam and better peaks.
- For maximum volume, chill the cream and condensed milk until very cold. You can also chill the bowl and the beaters in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can swap the graham crackers with broas (lady fingers) or digestive biscuits if you like.
- Want to try another fruit? Canned peaches, sliced fresh strawberries or mangoes are delicious alternatives!
This fruit cocktail float is a super easy route to a super yummy dessert but if you’re in the mood to go all out, may I suggest this crema de fruta with a from-scratch sponge for your next baking project?
Merry Christmas, everyone! May Santa be nice even if you’ve been naughty.
Fruit Cocktail Graham Float
Fruit Cocktail Graham float with delicious layers of sweetened cream, graham crackers, and fruit cocktail is the perfect dessert for all occasions. This refrigerator cake is so easy to make and is sure to be a crowd favorite!
Servings: 12 Servings
Calories: 397 kcal
(15-ounces each) all-purpose cream
(14 ounces) condensed milk, very cold
(30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained well
In a large bowl, combine all-purpose cream and condensed milk. Using a hand mixer at low speed, beat mixture until it begins to thicken. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until double in volume.
Arrange one layer of graham crackers on the bottom of an 8 x 8 dish, breaking pieces as needed to fit sides.
Spoon 1/3 of cream mixture on graham crackers and spread to cover.
Arrange fruit cocktail on top of the cream.
Arrange another layer of graham crackers over the fruit.
Spoon and spread 1/3 of the cream mixture. Add another layer of fruit.
Arrange the last layer of graham crackers on top of the fruit. Spoon and spread remaining 1/3 of the cream mixture on top of crackers. Arrange the remaining fruit cocktail on top of the cream.
Cover tightly with plastic film and refrigerate overnight. Freeze for about 1 hour before serving, if you like.
To serve, cut into squares.
Fruit Cocktail Graham Float
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.